How to receive Christ
Here is how you can receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior:
1. Admit your need for a Savior. In other words, admit that you are a sinner, which means that you have fallen short of God's standard.
2. Be willing to turn from your sins (repentance).
3. Believe that Jesus Christ, the holy son of God, died for you on the cross and rose from the grave.
4. Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to come in and control your life through the power of the Holy Spirit. (Receive Him as Lord and Savior).
Say this pray to affirm your commitment:
Jesus' assurance that this is sufficient for salvation can be found in his words in the Bible verse John 3:16: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
To deepen your new relationship with Christ, let us suggest the following:
1. Read your Bible daily to know Jesus Christ better.
2. Talk to God in prayer every day.
3. Tell others about Christ.
4. Worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached.
5. As Christ's representative in a needy world, demonstrate your new life by your love and concern for others.
If you have any questions about what this means or how to accept Christ as your Savior, our pastor Rev. Ramon Smith would be pleased to talk with you.